Are you compassionate and love caring for the elderly! Together, we can allow seniors in our community to live a life worth living in the comfort of their own home!
Home Instead® is looking for people that are driven to succeed in multiple areas, willing to learn, and have a positive attitude. Becoming a Home Instead® CAREGiver provides you with a career that nurtures your soul, by enhancing the lives of aging seniors and their families.
If you are ready for a caring and compassionate career, we invite you to apply! Our CAREGivers become a part of our championship team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community in Eastern Polk County. Home Instead® provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care, and compassion. This is a place where CAREGivers can really make a difference and feel good about what they do. Each Home Instead® franchise is independently owned and operated.
All of our CAREGiver employment is Part-Time and focuses on keeping our employees scheduled within their availability. We offer variable hours and Block Schedules that range from 3hrs to 12hrs shifts, including mornings, afternoons, evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays. If your purpose is applying for a career that will help satisfy your desire to serve others, we would love to hear from you!
Because the safety and the wellbeing of our CAREGivers and Clients are our top priority, you will receive all required training and PPE!
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship and socialization
- Assistance with grooming and bathing
- Assistance with toileting and incontinence issues
- Assistance with ambulatory needs
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Specialized Alzheimer’s Care
- Assistance with feeding
- Meal preparation
Requirements to be a CAREGiver (Home Health Aide):
- Must be at least 21 years or older.
- Complete and determined eligible: Level II AHCA criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, and drug screen.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and valid auto insurance.
- Have a reliable vehicle with A/C.
- Have a minimum availability of 20 hours per week, including 2-weekend per month.
- Ability to lift 25lbs, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, reach, push, pull, and carry.
- Ability to treat and care for seniors and their property with dignity and respect.
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- 2 Weekends per month require.
Creating Careers for CAREGivers:
Home Instead® invests in our CAREGivers to support them in providing the best care available to seniors in our community. The relationships our CAREGivers create with our clients are priceless and we know how much they value the care that their CAREGiver brings. If you become part of our excellent CAREGiver Team, you receive the following opportunities:
- Time and a half pay for all recognized holidays worked.
- CAREGiver Referral Bonus Opportunities*
- Annual CAREGiver Bonus Plan opportunities.
- Annual performance appraisal.
- Mileage Reimbursement when transporting Clients for their personal business if using your vehicle.
- Direct Deposit
- Variable work schedule.
- Paid training and ongoing education.
- Paid New Hire Orientation before CAREGiver is scheduled to take a client.
- A free Home Instead Polo shirt and T-shirt upon completion of new hire orientation.
- Rewards and recognition including CAREGiver of the year award.
- Quarterly meetings with fun and food.
- 24/7 support from our office team including assistance.
- As your employer, we handle all tax withholding, bonding and liability insurance, obtaining clients, scheduling, and coverage support.
* Medical Insurance (maintains 30 hrs per week)
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.