Do you enjoy Coaching and Motivating others?
Do you enjoy building relationships and providing solutions? Home Instead is led by growth minded individuals with a proven track record of success in people management to join our growing organization. The General Manager provides leadership and management of all Key Player administrative staff who directly supervise the efforts of hiring and retaining caregivers, consulting and servicing our aging adult clients and ensuring everyone has an exceptional experience with Home Instead.
The Ideal candidate will have supervisory responsibility of overseeing all of the functions performed by the Key Player office staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training exceptional caregivers and key player staff; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance and coaching towards improvement opportunities; conflict management and problem resolution while seeking positive outcomes. The General Manager will participate strategy and development of the franchise location's annual operations plan.
- Reflect the core values of Home Instead and create a work culture in the franchise location that reflects positivity, excitement for success and an overall growth mindset.
- Maintain the annual franchise operational plan and budget.
- Lead and manage all activities as well as direct changes to activities in the departments centered around staffing, human resources and client services which effect operational efficiency and achievements of the operational goals.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with referral providers in the communities we serve.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and business ethics and be sure they are implemented and communicated to all Key Player administrative staff.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Four to ten years of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- The ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills is essential as well as sound judgment, team building and good decision making
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to establish exceptional working relationships with office colleagues, the president of operations and franchise owners as well as neighboring franchise offices in the area.
- Must thrive in a fast pace and ever changing work environment that is often born through rapid growth.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.