Looking for a rewarding job? Help make a difference in the life of a Senior by joining our team of professional caregivers at Home Instead Senior Care.
We are hiring for All Shifts and have Immediate Openings across the Greater Milwaukee area.
Becoming a professional caregiver as either a Personal Care Worker / Home Health Aide may be the career choice for you! Our Professional Personal Care Workers / Home Health Aides provide a variety of in home health and senior care services that allow seniors to remain safe and independent in their own homes. You'll do this by assisting our senior clients with their activities of daily living (ADLs) and instrumental ADLs.
At Home Instead you'll find that our team members are professional, kind, patient, respectful and humble. We are also honest and committed to what we do so we are willing to have tough conversations and hold each other accountable for our performance and how we treat each other.
We work hard but we also like to have fun and make the most of each workday together. We have a positive attitude toward all team members, visitors, clients and the communities in which we serve. We expect these things from our team members but, in return, we reward them with a healthy and positive work environment, wage credit for professional experience, competitive wages with bonus opportunities, and the opportunity to grow professionally as our business grows.
If you are interested in joining a growing company that rewards old-fashioned values like accountability, honesty, and dependability... where "doing it" the right way is more important than "doing it" fast and easy... where we take pride in the quality of our work as a reflection of our character, we might be the place for you!
Start by completing our online employment application for the position that is right for you and one of our Recruitment Managers will be in touch with you shortly.
As a Full-Time CAREGiver, an employee provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes. These services generally fall under four categories:
- Home Helper
- Personal Care
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
Companionship services are those that stimulate, encourage and assist an individual. The primary responsibilities of Companionship services include the following:
- Providing companionship and conversation
- Providing stabilization and assistance with walking
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
Home Helper services generally involve light housekeeping, errands or incidental transportation. The primary responsibilities of Home Helper services include the following:
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments
Personal Care services are personal in nature and often include assistance with activities of daily living. The primary responsibilities of Personal Care services include the following:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with grooming
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care services are based upon specialized training which maximizes the ability of both the CAREGiver and Client to cope with the ramifications of this family of degenerative diseases. The primary responsibilities of Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care services include the following:
- Possess an understanding of the disease and its effect on clients and their families
- Monitor and optimize the physical environment to be supportive and safe
- Maintain effective communication and manage difficult behavior using specialized techniques
- Assist in activities of daily living to preserve and maximize independence and dignity
Secondary Responsibilities include the following:
- Contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Performing other reasonable duties as assigned
- Reporting hours according to office policy
- Reporting any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Regularly communicating with supervisor and office staff
- Attend all monthly in-services and quarterly meetings
Employee must understand and uphold the policies and procedures established by Solicitude, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise). An individual must possess the minimum education, experience and skills to perform the primary and secondary responsibilities the job requires. Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to drive
- Must have a valid and unsuspended WI Driver’s License
- Must possess valid auto insurance
- Must have a serviceable Vehicle with which to provide incidental transportation services
- Must have a minimum open availability of at least 56 hours per week (spread across at least 3 days per week in blocks of availability of 4 hours or longer)
- A full-time CAREGiver is defined as a CAREGiver that has indicated a preference of 32-40 hours of work per week.
- Full-Time CAREGivers will earn $15.00-$29.00 per hour with Full Time Bonus Program.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.