The Client Care Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of duties that relate to new client leads and client care including generating referrals from relationships with key contacts at hospitals, physicians’ offices, home health agencies, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, senior centers, hospices, etc. The CCC conducts care consultations with potential clients and family members, performs client/CAREGiverSM introductions, and develops and manages a quality assurance plan with existing clients. They use the consultative sales approach to determine each individual client’s needs to provide solutions and create a tailored service plan. They continuously evaluate the plan through a series of ongoing communications and visits to ensure high quality care, client satisfaction and retention as well as opportunities to increase service hours.
The CCC reports directly to the General Manager and works closely with all team members. As the face of Home Instead in the community, this team member must demonstrate honesty, integrity, professionalism, and conscientiousness in all aspects of the role.
The CCC works out of our Franklin, WI location and is a full-time position.
- Research and develop client relationships that produce referrals. Perform all phases of the sales process, including preparation and documentation of follow-up calls, recommendation of appropriate Home Instead services and additional community resources, maintaining and nurturing existing referral accounts, including follow-up, as necessary.
- Meet with potential clients and family members to discuss their needs and provide solutions in the form of care plans
- Conduct service inquiries and care consultations as needed following the consultative sales process
- Communicate the care plan with the schedulers and general manager
- Follow up with new clients to ensure satisfaction with the start of services
- Troubleshoot service issues with clients and their families and communicate with scheduling and human resources for follow up
- Maintain ongoing communication and consistent follow-up schedule with potential clients and families who have yet to commit to service
- Plan and execute a schedule that ensures each client has, as required, a regular quality assurance visit and phone call schedule
- Recognize and pursue opportunities to modify service plans to best support the ongoing needs of clients through a quality assurance program
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with clients, family members, the franchise a owner, colleagues and CAREGivers, and referral providers/care providers
- Achieve inquiry generation objectives with the primary goal of bringing in new business to increase overall market share
- In conjunction with Home Instead leadership, develop sales and marketing plans, detailing weekly and monthly activities focused on meeting or exceeding established goals
- Effectively present Home Instead marketing materials and services to referral providers including 1:1 meetings, as well as planning, arranging and conducting formal group presentations.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls; presentations; closed sales; and follow-up activities, including the use of software to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential
- Work with team members to coordinate various aspects of a client’s care
- Recognize referral providers when they refer clients to Home Instead
- All other duties as assigned
The Home Care Consultant is expected to rotate the On-Call Duties with other staff. The responsibilities include the following:
• Prior to start of an on call shift, review schedule with designated Service Coordinator(s) and become aware of any potential trouble spots that might arise.
• Fill all Client shifts following designated office scheduling processes.
• Communicate changes in Client Shifts to the Client(s) and CAREGiver(s).
• Contact backup person when questions arise about clients or CAREGivers that require input
• Fill in on assignments that come open until a replacement CAREGiver is found
• Communicate client and CAREGiver concerns or problems with owner or designated key player.
• Monitor and log both client and CAREGiver activity and follow up on CAREGiver assignments and client service in the operating system.
• Field new client & CAREGiver inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner and schedule care consultations
• Create a log of the activities of your shift and communicate that to the designate key player(s).
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Related business or sales experience (consultative sales a plus)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Proven relationship building capability, including cold calling
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen effectively
- Sales/result driven with a sense of urgency
- Strong presentation skills
- Optimistic outlook with positive energy
- Proactive self-starter who takes initiative
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize work
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.