Home Instead is looking for a Recruitment and Hiring Coordinator to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Home Instead provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home or community and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
The Recruitment and Hiring Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of duties for the recruitment and retention of our awesome caregiving staff. The Recruitment and HiringCoordinator is expected to recruit, screen, hire, train and engage a staff of CAREGivers in order to provide the highest quality service to clients.
- Answer each employment inquiry in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Develop and implement new recruitment strategies online and within the community.
- Schedule and conduct applicant interviews in an efficient and professional manner.
- Following the Home Instead Standards; conduct reference checks, criminal background and motor vehicle check and drug screens on all CAREGivers.
- Create and maintain all employment records including but not limited to I-9 form, W-4 form and all other employment related documents.
- Schedule and conduct CAREGiver orientation and all training including training required to meet Home Instead® Standards and additional optional training.
- Develop engagement strategies that utilize the 5 CAREGiver needs to promote CAREGiver retention and satisfaction.
- Schedule and conduct CAREGiver annual reviews and all supervision including regular performance conversations, accountabilities and problem resolution.
- Work in partnership with the Scheduling Department to coordinate CAREGiver schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and extraordinary relationships.
- Monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing the software system.
- Evaluate and update all orientation and training materials as needed.
- Plan and successfully execute all CAREGiver meetings.
- Monitor compliance for local and federal labor and safety laws including EOE, ADA, FMLA, and OSHA.
- Maintain punctual, regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities, including On-Call duties.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
- Conduct Staffing, Service Inquiries and Care Consultations as needed following the established sales process.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- High school graduation or the equivalent. Associate or Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Three years of related business experience in a human resources role, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Experience working in the home care or home health industry
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of and uphold established policies and procedures
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, quarterly, monthly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, clients and CAREGivers
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment and office software
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have the availability to work on-call (evenings and weekends) as required, usually one week per month
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the senior care industry
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.