Houston - Southwest (Change Location)
Transitional Home Care in Memorial, TX
Many issues factor into why older adults are vulnerable to problems at home after they have been in a medical, hospice or rehabilitation setting. A Home Instead Care Professional can assist your loved one when they return home and reduce the chances of a hospital readmission. Call (832) 379-4700 today to learn more about our Returning Home transitional home care services in the Memorial area.
Preparing to Return Home After a Hospital Stay
Thinking about the returning home process right from the start is one of the best things you can do for your senior loved one after a hospitalization. Discharge planning is a key point in the recovery process. Planning ahead and preparing for a safe return home can mean the difference between readmission and a full recovery. Care Professionals from Home Instead in Houston, TX can provide a variety of home care services to help reduce the chances of an unwanted readmission.
Things to Consider After a Hospital Discharge
We have put together a list of 9 Things to Consider After a Hospital Discharge. Here are a few things to consider when creating a Care Plan for your loved one after a hospital discharge that may help determine the amount of care needed. When going through the list, make a note of how much time it will take to accomplish the various tasks.
- Patient Restrictions and Activities
- Health Care Tasks
- Special Diets
- Medication Management
- Follow-up Care
- Equipment and Supplies
- Home Safety
- Medical Expenses
- Other Financial Issues
Transitional Home Care Services in Memorial can include:
- Discharge coordination and execution – working with a senior patient's hospital staff to help create a plan of care.
- Medication management – assistance organizing and tracking medications to make sure they're taken as directed.
- Follow-up physician visit assistance – helping seniors keep track of and attend all necessary follow-up medical appointments.
- Nutrition management –providing assistance with food shopping and meal preparation to help ensure the senior maintains a healthy diet.
- Warning sign monitoring and notification – watching for warning signs and taking appropriate action.
- Record keeping – keeping track of the senior's recovery progress to share with his or her physicians.
Call Home Instead today at (832) 379-4700 to discuss how our Care Professionals can support your loved one's recovery after a hospital stay and reduce the changes of a hospital readmission.
Download the Returning Home Guide
This guide provides tips and suggestions for helping ensure a senior loved one’s safe return from a hospital or rehab facility. Download the Returning Home Guide to help ensure a senior loved one’s smooth transition home from a hospital or rehab facility.