Home Instead, the nation's most trusted source of non-medical home care, is hiring for the position of On-Call Weekday/Weekend Coordinator. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, detail oriented, a positive attitude, able to think clearly in a high pressure situation and be self motivated.
On- Call (this is a work from home mainly) two weekends a month and/or as needed: Starts on Friday night at 5:00 pm and ends Monday morning at 8:00 am. Shared responsibility for Holiday coverage. May develop into more hours as needed during weekdays if interested/and qualifies.
- Reflect the core values of Houston Home Care, LLC, d.b.a Home Instead
- Prior to start of the on call shift, review schedule with designated Service Coordinator and become aware of any potential trouble spots that might arise.
- Obtain resources needed for on call responsibilities such as laptop, tablet and/or phone along with any paper resources deemed necessary.
- Answering each incoming call in a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable manner and respond quickly to their needs.
- Fill all Client shifts following designated office scheduling processes.
- Communicate changes in Client Shifts to the Client(s) and CAREGiver(s).
- Contact backup person when questions arise about clients or CAREGivers that require input
- Fill in on assignments that come open until a replacement CAREGiver is found
- Communicate client and CAREGiver concerns or problems with owner or designated key player.
- Monitor and log both client and CAREGiver activity and follow up on CAREGiver assignments and client service in the operating system.
- Field new client & CAREGiver inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner and schedule care consultations
- Create a log of the activities of your shift and communicate that to the designate key player(s).
- Return resources to the office following your shift.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with owner, colleagues and CAREGivers
- Ensure Home Instead standards are met and upheld
- Participate in quarterly CAREGiver meetings
- Perform care consultations as required
- Perform any and all other functions deemed necessary
- High school graduation or the equivalent
- One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by Houston Home Care, LLC ,(d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise)
- Knowledge of Clear Care Software is a Plus
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly and yearly work
- Must be able to establish good working relationships with management, colleagues, franchise owners and their staff
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to operate office equipment
- Must be able to operate HISC technology
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
- Must be able to work evenings or weekends as required
- must be able to perform duties in a professional office setting
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.