Home Instead Care Professional/Administrative Assistant
**Please attach resume to application**
Note: Home Instead refers to their Caregivers as Care Professionals (Care Pros).
Home Instead® is the one of the largest in-home senior care providers in the world. The Home Instead network provides non-medical care allowing seniors to remain in their homes as they age. Non-medical home care focuses on helping seniors with the daily activities they need to engage in to remain safe and healthy. The Home Instead office in Ann Arbor provides services to Washtenaw and Livingston counties of Michigan.
The Care Professional/Administrative Assistant is expected to perform as a Caregiver (Care Professional) most of the time and when needed, a variety of clerical and administrative duties to support the office.
As a Care Professional, you will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Companionship and conversation
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Assistance with grooming and bathing
- Assistance with toileting and incontinence issues
- Alzheimer’s Care
As an Administrative Assistant, you are expected to answer phones, complete administrative duties and support Care Professionals and other staff members with clerical tasks to provide the highest quality of service. Essential duties are listed here:
- Greet and welcome each visitor in a friendly, warm, and professional manner
- Answer each incoming call in a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable manner and distribute incoming calls to the appropriate staff members
- Field Care Professional & Client Inquiries
- Assist with hiring process for new CAREGivers (Care Pros)
- Assist with making reference calls on prospective CAREGivers (Care Pros) in a timely manner
- Monthly newsletter development
- Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver (Care Pro) records in the operating system
- Ensure Home Instead standards are met and upheld
- Demonstrate open and effective communication
- Assist with billing, payroll, and scheduling, as needed
- Assist with stuffing and mailing client invoices and CAREGiver (Care Pro) payroll
- Plan and attend annual appreciation luncheons
- Perform other duties as assigned
One year of related business experience or an equivalent of education and work experience maybe considered. Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a vehicle.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity, and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must be able to establish good working relationships with management, colleagues, clients, and other staff members
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to operate office equipment successfully
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
- Based on the needs of the office and clients.
- Due to the nature of the business, flexibility is needed to assist in urgent situations.
- Starting rate is $15-$17 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
- Health Insurance and Teladoc Health offered.
- Paid vacation and bonuses.
- $500 bonus after working 500 hours.
For more information, please contact the office at (734) 971-9023 between the hours of 9 am - 5 pm or visit our website at www.homeinstead.com/227
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.