Forbes Magazine rated Home Instead as one of “America’s Best Employers” and the only home care company included in the magazine's annual index of the nation's top employers.
Home Instead is seeking caring and compassionate EXPERIENCED CAREGivers to become a part of our growing care team and join us for our 25th year of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Our office based in Covina, CA serves the communities of Azusa, Claremont, Covina, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Pomona, San Dimas, Valinda, Walnut, West Covina and other surrounding areas. Our CAREGivers provide non-medical care to older adults, helping them to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
Why work for us?
- Signing Bonus Incentives from $100 to $300
- We will reimburse candidates for any preemployment testing costs
- Competitive pay above minimum wage: $16.00 to $20.00 per Hour
- We only hire locally so you will work close to your home
- Paid orientation & classroom training
- Paid sick time & mileage reimbursement
- Direct deposit
- Referral bonuses
- Flexible schedules
- Personal client introductions
- Employee recognition/appreciation programs & team celebration events
- COVID-19 training & personal protective equipment provided
- Career advancement opportunities
- Team approach & very supportive office staff available 24x7
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship, conversation, safety supervision
- Light housekeeping tasks and meal preparation
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADL's): mobility & transfers, toileting & incontinent care, bathing, grooming, dressing and feeding
- Incidental transportation to appointments and errands
- Caring for clients with Chronic Conditions
- Specialized care including bed-bound, memory care and use of specialized equipment
- Ability to manage clients with all levels of non-medical care
* The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years professional experience working with older adults and be registered in the Home Care Aid Registry! Additional skills training provided by Home Instead.
Requirements to be a EXPERIENCED CAREGiver:
- 1-2 years professional caregiving experience (home care or facility) required
- Demonstrated experience in all levels of personal care and memory care
- Candidates with flexible schedules will be given priority
- Ability to treat and care for older adults and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Successfully complete the State of California Department of Social Services Home Care Aid Registry requirements (We will assist)
- Pass a criminal background check, DMV check and drug screen
- Negative Tuberculosis (TB) test required for State licensure before hire
- Possess a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Safe, reliable car that is available to you at all times; must be able to drive
- Thrive in a TEAM work environment
- OPTIMISTIC POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- Priority given to candidates who are registered as California Home Care Aides
Home Instead Covina operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offers a variety of shifts based on client needs (daytime, evening, overnight, 24-hour).
Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity at homeinstead.com/182.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.