Home Instead is seeking an On-Call Manager who is focused on providing high-quality leadership, management, and customer service to our on-call supervisors, care professionals, clients, and their families in 15 franchise locations. This position provides oversight, leadership, and management of the after hour on call team, as well as hands on responsibilities that include using independent judgment and discretion to assess client and care professional needs and analyzing data to qualify available care professionals to place with a client for the best match possible. As the face of Home Instead, this manager must demonstrate our core value, Love (v), in all interactions with internal and external customers and staff: patience, kindness, humility, selflessness, respectfulness, forgiveness, honesty and commitment.
This is a remote position. After hour On-Call hours are Monday through Thursday (CST) 4:00 pm - (CST) 8:30 am and Friday (CST) 4:00 pm through Monday (CST) 8:30 am. This job will include some flexible day time hours for meetings and office communication with the VP of Operations and (15) branch General Managers.
- Managing a team of 5+ on-call supervisors to include professional development, leadership, management, and on call activity.
- Filling in as the on-call supervisor for the team's days off, vacation, and vacancies of the position.
- Interviewing, onboarding, and training new on-call supervisors.
- Approving and managing on call supervisor time off.
- Reviewing and following up on emergent and urgent issues and concerns that arise after hours,using LEARN problem resolution tactics with on-call supervisors, general managers, care professionals, clients, client family members, or clients power of attorney.
- Ensuring that branch locations receive the appropriate after hour reports daily.
- Managing and reporting to the appropriate key player; change of condition and or reportable client and care professional incidences.
- Facilitate weekly on call development calls, general manager and on call strategy calls, and any other calls needed for client and or care professional problem resolution.
- Assistance to manage the creation and maintenance of client and care professional schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and development of extraordinary relationships when a call off occurs.
- Assistance to manage care professional overtime, incentives, and company hour goals.
- Documentation of all client and care professional calls including call-ins, missed clock-ins, and concerns.
- Act as the after hours ombudsman for care professional and client grievances.
- Negotiate availability and shift assignments with care professionals to ensure all canceled shifts are filled appropriately.
- Coach on call supervisors and care professionals on a variety of issues including interpretation and administration of client care plans and company policies.
- Ensure procedures are executed with new service or care professional inquiries after hours.
- Build relationships with the general managers to problem solve recurring after hour concerns and issues.
- Skill and ability to work with and innovate current technology offering(s) to provide easier and better communication within the team and role of on call.
- Extremely comfortable in troubleshooting the use of a computer, cell phone, I-pad,Teams meetings, and a Multi-line phone system.
- 1:1 on-call supervisor development calls
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree
- Previous healthcare and or caregiver experience helpful.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in software applications, such as Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use sound judgment and discretion successfully.
- Ability to influence and persuade others with confidence, integrity and diplomacy.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to listen effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport and build relationships.
- Resilient and tenacious with an optimal positive attitude.
- Proven creativity and problem solving.
- Ability to successfully navigate multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Reasonably regular, predictable attendance.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described responsibilities of the position.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear clearly. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard and phone.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, walk, reach with arms and hands. Vision abilities required in this job include close vision.
This job operates in a home environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. Occasional travel up to 5% may be required.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.