Nurse Directed Home Care in Greater Des Moines
Please contact our local Home Instead® franchise office in Des Moines, including Urbandale & all the surrounding areas to review which nurse directed specialized care services are permitted and available in your area.
Confident Nurse Directed Specialized Care
Our specially trained CAREGivers℠ can make life easier by providing highly personalized care for common health conditions that affect families, such as dementia, diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, heart failure, COPD, depression, arthritis and more. Nurse directed home care are services performed or delegated by a senior care nurse and may include:
- Medication management including the administration of intramuscular injections into the skin.
- Provide assistance with home dialysis.
- Assist with diabetic wound care on client's feet.
Medication Management and Administration
- Manage medication by crushing or splitting medications as well as drawing dosage for oral liquid medications, as prescribed.
- Administer medications by placing medication in a senior’s mouth if he or she is unable to do so.
Vital Sign Tracking and Interpreting
- Take a senior’s blood pressure and temperature.
- Interpret vital sign outcomes and respond to thresholds.
Wound Care Support
- Provide wound care with simple dressings.
- Provide bathing assistance when a senior has a wound or dressing.
- Assist with skin care when a senior has an open wound.
Diabetes/Glucose Testing Management
- Monitor glucose (i.e. Accuchecks) to determine blood sugar reading.
- Administer insulin and record and document findings.
Foot and Nail Care
- Apply cream to a senior’s feet.
- Provide care to wounds on feet.
- Emptying a catheter drainage bag.
- Remove or replace a pre-sized wafer around a stoma.
- Adjust a flowmeter to prescribed setting.
- Monitor the oxygen saturation levels.
- Turn on and off a feeding tube machine.
- Flush feeding tubes.
- Change dressing around the feeding tube.