Home Instead History & Mission
As the global leader in in-home senior care, we have a reputation steeped in our history, culture, and compassion… are driven by a spiritual motivation to create a nurturing and secure environment for our clients, CAREGivers… and all whose lives we touch.
To Us, It’s Personal®
Our founders, Paul and Lori Hogan, launched Home Instead in 1994 to provide care to Paul’s 90-year-old grandmother. Remarkably, after she began receiving personalized, in-home care that allowed her to age safely in the place she loved most – the family home – Grandma Manhart thrived for an additional decade!That’s why, to us, senior care is personal. We’re passionate about Enhancing the lives of Aging Adults and their Families®.
More than a Business: A Mission in Life
In the decades since Paul and Lori founded Home Instead, the company has expanded far beyond the city limits of Omaha, Nebraska. We now count more than 1,200 franchise locations globally – but we all share the same mission.
We live this mission with our CAREGivers, our staff and our community by:
- Doing what we say each and every time
- Solving problems using compassionate, person-centered solutions
- Engaging in thoughtful relationships with the families we serve
- Treating each other with dignity and respect
- Encouraging and supporting each others’ growth
- Building value in our service to others
- Honoring God in all we do
When you choose Home Instead to help your family, you’re partnering with us on our mission to improve the lives of seniors (and their families) everywhere.