Human Resources Job Description
Choice Services Inc., DBA Home Instead
The Human Resources (HR) Specialist is expected to recruit, screen, hire, train, supervise, and engage a staff of CAREGivers in order to provide the highest quality service to clients.
- Reflect the core values of Choice Services, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise).
- Handle office responsibilities to allow a consistent full time networking effort, which is critical in building the business
- Greet and welcome each caller and visitor in a friendly, warm and professional manner.
- Determine each caller or visitor’s purpose in a pleasant manner and promptly notify the appropriate staff member of their call or arrival.
- Answer each employment inquiry in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Develop and implement new recruitment strategies online and within the community.
- Schedule and conduct applicant interviews in an efficient and professional manner.
- Following the Home Instead Standards; conduct reference checks, criminal background and motor vehicle check and drug screens on all CAREGivers.
- Execute hiring decision.
- Create and maintain all employment records including but not limited to I-9 form, W-4 form and all other employment related documents.
- Schedule and conduct CAREGiver orientation and all training including training required to meet Home Instead® Standards and additional optional training.
- Develop engagement strategies that utilize the 5 CAREGiver needs to promote CAREGiver retention and satisfaction.
- Schedule and conduct CAREGiver annual reviews and all supervision including regular performance conversations, accountabilities and problem resolution
- Work in partnership with the Scheduling Department to coordinate CAREGiver schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and extraordinary relationships.
- Accurately monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing the software system.
- Prepare and publish the monthly newsletter within the deadline
- Evaluate and update all orientation and training materials as needed
- Plan and successfully execute all CAREGiver meetings
- Monitor compliance for local and federal labor and safety laws including EOE, ADA, FMLA, and OSHA
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
- Conduct Service Inquiries and Care Consultations as needed following the consultative sales process
- Participate in rotating on call duties
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Conduct client/CAREGiver introductions as needed
- Perform any and all other functions deemed necessary
- High school graduation or the equivalent; Associates degree preferred
- One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- This position will be responsible for overseeing all of the functions performed by the CAREGiver staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by Choice Services, Inc.,(d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise)
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with office standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the senior care industry
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, CAREGivers and the community
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Excel and Word
- Must have the availability to work evenings or weekends as required
- Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Must have the ability to work as a part of a team
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.