Part Time CAREGiver Job Description-(Norfolk NE or Columbus NE and surround communities)
Choice Services, Inc. d/b/a Home Instead
The Part Time CAREGiver is expected to provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes. These services are meant to enhance the quality of life for seniors. A Home Instead CAREGiver will help clients and their families meet the challenges of aging with dignity, pride, care and compassion.
Our starting wage for this Part Time Time position is $12.25 per hour.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Work a flexible schedule within your availability
- Work every other weekend
- Reliable transportation, possess valid driver’s license, possess valid auto insurance
- Proficient utilization of technology system including a Mobile App.
- Ability to attend Quarterly CAREGiver meetings
- Ability to communicate on a weekly basis with immediate supervisor
- Ability to lift, push or pull maximum of 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel and reach
- Complete a criminal background check, DMV check, pre-employment drug screen, reference checks
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Reflect the core values of Choice Services, Inc. dba an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Document daily activities in Client Journal and report any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Maintain regular communication with immediate supervisor and office staff
Provide Companionship services which could include:
- Companionship and conversation
- Providing appointment reminders
Provide Home Helper services which could include:
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments
Provide Personal Care services which could include:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with grooming
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
- Assisting with dressing
- Assisting with ambulation, transfers, turning, and rolling
- Assisting with feeding
- Provide medication reminders
- Alzheimer's/Dementia Care
Provide Specialized services which could include:
- Advanced Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care
- Hospice Care
- Advanced Personal Care services
- Report hours according to office policy
- Participate in ongoing Listen 360 surveys
- May require you to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
- One year experience in home care, health care, health care or senior related industry preferred; an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- High school degree
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Paid training and education to be successful as a CAREGiver.
- Competitive pay - $12.25 per hour for Part Time and a starting pay range of $13.25-$15 an hour for Full Time
- Rewarding and meaningful career - No two CAREGiving shifts are the same!
- Career path opportunities.
- Quarterly meetings that include celebration, education, recognition, and meal time fellowship with other CAREGivers.
- Supportive and responsive office staff.
- Verizon and Sprint cell phone discount.
- CAREGiver referral bonus program.
- Mutual of Omaha $500 discount on home buying closing fees.
- University of Phoenix 6% tuition reduction.
- Costco membership discount.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.