OMAHA, Neb. – May 9, 2017 – Forbes' third annual "America's Best Employers" list has named Home Instead Senior Care one of its best employers for 2017. The list was generated using anonymous feedback from employees at the nation's top employers.
Companies on the Best Employers' list range across 25 different industry sectors – from government services to retail to healthcare. While the 2017 list featured a variety of healthcare companies, Home Instead is the only provider of home care services for seniors.
"We are delighted to be recognized as one of the nation's best employers," said Jeff Huber, president and CEO of Home Instead, Inc. "For more than twenty years, our goal has been to provide excellent care to our senior clients. In order to reach that goal, we are relentlessly focused on developing innovative ways to promote advancement and leadership opportunities for our franchise owners and their teams. That focus allows us to create an environment where the employees and clients can thrive."
Home Instead has more than 150 employees at its corporate headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska, and franchisees employ more than 65,000 professional CAREGiversSM. CAREGivers, provide basic support services that allow seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible – from companionship and personal care to specialized Alzheimer's care. CAREGivers provide more than 60 million hours of care annually across more than 1,000 independently owned and operated franchises throughout the United States and 11 other countries.
To compile the annual list, Forbes conducts an independent survey from a sample of 30,000 full- and part-time American employees working for large or midsize companies. Participants were asked 35 questions about work-related topics, including whether employees would recommend their employer – with additional weight given to this particular question.
The Best Employers' list launched online today at
Home Instead Senior Care is looking for caring and compassionate CAREGivers to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Home Instead Senior Care provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Are you looking for a job where you do something that matters every day? Do you want to be valued and appreciated by your employer? We need your help to make a difference in the lives of older adults by helping them in their homes. Flexible hours. No certification needed. If you want a job you can feel good about, we want you working for Home Instead Senior Care. We offer profit sharing to all employees as well as robust wellness and insurance programs. We are consistently ranked by JD Powers and Associates as an Employer of Choice with exceptional employee satisfaction ratings. Join our team today! You may reply with either your resume OR a brief description of your background.
$200 sign on bonus if you already have all of these requirements met and are ready to work!! paid after 90 days of employment
*2 Step TB test within last 12 months or consecutive tests
*Current CPR and First Aid
*Current Physical within last 6 months
*Valid Drivers License
*Social Security Card
*DMV Report in last 6 months
*1 year experience in assistance with bathing, showering, ambulation, transfers, med reminders and incontinence care preferred but not required.
WHY CHOOSE HOME INSTEAD SENIOR CARE:
*Flexible scheduling to suit your needs (4-12 hour shifts available, overnights, evenings and weekends available, etc)
*Health Insurance Benefits
*Opportunity for growth for those who desire it
*Employee referral bonuses
*Mileage/travel time reimbursement
The On-Call Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of on-call duties. The Weekend Service Supervisor is expected to work closely with the Service Coordinators in order to provide the highest quality service to clients.
The Commitment of hours: Monday and Tuesday 8:30am-4:30pm; 2 weekends per month (Friday 4pm- Monday at 8:30 am) Possibility of fill in weekend and weekday evenings.
· Reflect the core values of Personal Care Services, LLC (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise).
· Prior to start of on call shift, review schedule with designated Staffing Coordinator and become aware of any potential trouble spots that might arise.
· Obtain resources needed for on call responsibilities such as laptop, tablet and/or phone along with any paper resources deemed necessary.
· Answering each incoming call in a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable manner and respond quickly to their needs. All calls must be returned no later than 30 minutes of original call.
· On-call coordinator must be within 30 minutes of their service coverage area at all times.
· Fill all Client shifts following designated office scheduling processes.
· Communicate changes in Client Shifts to the Client(s) and CAREGiver(s).
· Contact backup person when questions arise about clients or CAREGivers that require input
· Fill in on assignments that come open until a replacement CAREGiver is found
· Communicate client and CAREGiver concerns or problems with operations manager or designated key player.
· Monitor and log both client and CAREGiver activity and follow up on CAREGiver assignments and client service in the operating system.
· Field new client & CAREGiver inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner and schedule care consultations
· Create a log of the activities of your shift and communicate that to the designate key player(s).
· Return resources to the office following your shift.
· Demonstrate open and effective communication with owner, colleagues and CAREGivers
· Ensure Home Instead Senior Care standards are met and upheld
· Participate in quarterly CAREGiver meetings
· Perform care consultations as required
· Perform any and all other functions deemed necessary
The Staffing Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for clients. The Staffing Coordinator is responsible for scheduling clients and CAREGiversSM in order to provide the highest quality service to clients with emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships.
· Reflect the values of Personal Care Services LLC., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise).
· Answer incoming calls in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
· Create and maintain client and CAREGiver schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and the development of extraordinary relationships.
· Monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing the software system.
· Follow up with all client and CAREGiver issues to ensure their problems are resolved.
· Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records in the software system.
· Increase client loyalty to Home Instead Senior Care by utilizing the consultative sales process to better meet our current client needs.
· Follow up and communicate CAREGiver and client issues to ensure problems are resolved.
· Design, test and implement a responsive contingency plan that ensures 100% maintenance of Service Hours.
· Recognize and capture opportunities to increase service hours in scenarios to enhance and/or increase quality care.
· Field new client inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner, enter the information into the software system and work with team to communicate and prepare for the Care Consultation.
· Conduct Service Inquiries and Care Consultations following the consultative sales process.
· Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
· Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
· Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.
Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise is independently owned and operated.