The PART-TIME Nurse is available during agency on-call hours to provide nursing assessments, plan of care, and supervisions for clients and caregivers in non-medical home care setting.
The hours are flexible and ideal for retirees, those looking to supplement income, or part-time RN's looking to add hours.
This care is delivered within the guidelines, standards and policies of the agency
Starting salary: $28-30 depending on experience
Reports To: Director of Nursing
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
* RN in good standing, holding a current license in New Jersey.
* One year of professional experience as a Registered Nurse. The experience must be in the United States or its' possessions
* At least 2 years experience in home care nursing
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Maintains standards of Nursing care and implements the policies and procedures established by the agency.
2. Competently assess and documents the clients needs.
3. Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with other staff of the agency.
4. Reports appropriate changes in the client's condition to the Director of Nursing.
5. Adheres to and understands universal precautions, aseptic technique and infection control guidelines.
6. Implements care in a manner that is maximally safe for the client, his/her family and self.
7. Maintains confidentiality of client assessments and records.
8. Utilizes time effectively, maintaining a consistent level of productivity.
9. Demonstrates sound judgment and clinical knowledge in planning and decision making.
10. Demonstrates professionalism through appearance, performance and communication.
11. Assumes responsibility for reading and comprehending all posted notices, communications and policies/procedures.
12. Ability to travel in agency territory for field work (Mercer and Southern Middlesex).
13. Availability via telephone and to provide home visits, if necessary during agency office or On-Call hours.
Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.
Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise is independently owned and operated.