OMAHA, Neb. – May 9, 2017 – Forbes' third annual "America's Best Employers" list has named Home Instead Senior Care one of its best employers for 2017. The list was generated using anonymous feedback from employees at the nation's top employers.
Companies on the Best Employers' list range across 25 different industry sectors – from government services to retail to healthcare. While the 2017 list featured a variety of healthcare companies, Home Instead is the only provider of home care services for seniors.
"We are delighted to be recognized as one of the nation's best employers," said Jeff Huber, president and CEO of Home Instead, Inc. "For more than twenty years, our goal has been to provide excellent care to our senior clients. In order to reach that goal, we are relentlessly focused on developing innovative ways to promote advancement and leadership opportunities for our franchise owners and their teams. That focus allows us to create an environment where the employees and clients can thrive."
Home Instead has more than 150 employees at its corporate headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska, and franchisees employ more than 65,000 professional CAREGiversSM. CAREGivers, provide basic support services that allow seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible – from companionship and personal care to specialized Alzheimer's care. CAREGivers provide more than 60 million hours of care annually across more than 1,000 independently owned and operated franchises throughout the United States and 11 other countries.
To compile the annual list, Forbes conducts an independent survey from a sample of 30,000 full- and part-time American employees working for large or midsize companies. Participants were asked 35 questions about work-related topics, including whether employees would recommend their employer – with additional weight given to this particular question.
The Best Employers' list launched online today at
• Do you Adapt Well to Change & Have a Positive Attitude?
Home Instead Senior Care® is looking for a steady multi-tasker to join us in our mission to enhance the lives of aging adults and their families.
This Service Coordinator role connects our caregiving workforce with our senior clients.
The Service Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of duties including scheduling clients and CAREGivers, in order to provide the highest quality service to clients with emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships. This position is full-time, five days a week 8 am – 5 pm and on-call weekends with a rotating schedule, in Prescott, AZ.
Salary commensurate to experience.
• Reflect the values of Selah Care, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise): 1.) To honor God in all we do 2.) To treat one another with dignity and respect 3.) To encourage growth in ourselves and others 4.) To build value in service to others.
• Answer incoming calls in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
• Create and maintain client and CAREGiver schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and the development of extraordinary relationships.
• Monitor, mediate, and log all client and CAREGiver activity utilizing the software system.
• Follow up with all client and CAREGiver issues to ensure their problems are resolved.
• Enter and maintain accurate client and CAREGiver records in the software system.
• Increase client loyalty to Home Instead Senior Care by utilizing the consultative sales process to better meet our current client needs.
• Follow up and communicate CAREGiver and client issues to ensure problems are resolved.
• Design, test and implement a responsive contingency plan that ensure 100% maintenance of Service Hours.
• Recognize and capture opportunities to increase service hours in scenarios to enhance and/or increase quality care.
• Field new client inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner, enter the information into the software system and work with team to communicate and prepare for the Care Consultation.
• Conduct Service Inquiries and Care Consultations following the consultative sales process.
• Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities.
• Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Participate as needed in all CAREGiver meetings.
• Perform any and all other functions and responsibilities deemed necessary.
• Must have the availability to work evenings and weekend on-call shifts as needed.
• Education/Experience Requirements:
• High school graduation or the equivalent.
• One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by Selah Care Corporation (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise).
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively.
• Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines.
• Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills.
• Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures.
• Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, quarterly, monthly and yearly work.
• Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with the franchise owner, office colleagues, clients and CAREGivers.
• Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone.
• Must present a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must have the ability to operate office equipment.
• Must be patient and congenial on the telephone.
• Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel.
• Must have the availability to work evenings and weekends as required.
• Must have the ability to perform duties in a professional office setting.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of the senior care industry.
Learn more and apply on-line www.homeinstead.com/318 Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.
Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise is independently owned and operated.