The Home Instead (Burnaby and South Vancouver) team came together for an enjoyable evening to kick-off the holiday season and acknowledge the sincere efforts of our caregivers in keeping seniors within our community safe, sound and thriving. We also took the time to appreciate our standout caregivers for the last quarter of 2017, who went above and beyond to make a difference in the lives of their clients through considerate and compassionate care. Our caregiver awardees were the following:
1) Sawa Hatano – October 2017: Sawa has been a tremendous asset to our family, forging strong bonds with clients in difficult settings and helping the office out in numerous tight situations, taking on multiple shifts in last minute scenarios. Sawa sadly couldn't join us due to work related obligations and we missed her a lot at the party ☹
2) Rhod Abkilang – November 2017: Rhod has been immensely active in November starting work with a high needs client and displaying a lot of flexibility in rearranging her other commitments to ensure the client receives the level of care she deserves.
3) Virginia Espana – December 2017: Virginia continued as the asset she always has been to the Home Instead (Burnaby and South Vancouver) family, maintaining her high standards of work performance and going the extra mile for all her elderly clients.
4) Shivani Sami – Special Efforts Award: As a caregiver and key player in the office, Shivani has become a pillar within the Home Instead (Burnaby and South Vancouver) team set-up. She also spearheaded our 'Be a Santa to a Senior 2017' campaign, and her untiring effort and smiling demeanor were central to the campaign becoming a huge success!
5) Bev Virtue – Caregiver of the Year 2017: her dedication to work, compassion to help seniors in their homes, and forming strong bonds with clients and their families alike has remained at exemplary levels, and the consistency of her performances made her the ideal choice for 2017 Caregiver of the Year. The Home Instead (Burnaby and South Vancouver) team are also immensely proud that Bev was amongst the 8 regional finalists, in the running for caregiver of the year 2017 within the entire Home Instead network!!!
It is so wonderful to be a part of this generous, and compassionate group of individuals who little by little, through their day-to-day work, are making a positive difference in the lives of seniors in our Burnaby and South Vancouver Community.
Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.
Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise is independently owned and operated.