Reap rewards beyond measure -- and get paid, too. Home Instead Senior Care® CAREGiversSM represent a lifeline for families in your area.
But the real payoff comes from the satisfaction of knowing you made one family's life a little happier and less stressful today. Please explore our current job openings below and take the first step towards employment.
Heart of a CAREGiver:
Every single day, families are struggling to cope. Many are raising children, working demanding jobs, and trying to care for a senior family member. Advances in medicine and healthier lifestyles help seniors live longer and continue to lead more productive lives. But the numbers also tell another story. More and more children need to help care for their parents. Women, especially, are caught between balancing the care of their parents with piano lessons and Little League for the kids, a full-time job, church, community, and volunteer activities. These family caregivers eventually run out of hours in the day; the stress becomes too great and the balance is broken. That's where you come in.
As a dedicated CAREGiver, you can help these families restore balance, order and peace to their lives and help their loved ones remain at home.
Caring for seniors is a labor of love that requires a special person with just the right touch. That's why, when you provide care with the Home Instead Senior Care® network, you become a CAREGiver with a capital "CARE."
Becoming a paid caregiver is a unique job with many joys and rewards, as well as responsibilities and challenges, both physical and emotional. As a Home Instead CAREGiver, you'll meet wonderful people, build fulfilling relationships, and make a difference in the lives of your clients.
What's in it for you?
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.
The Office Coordinator is expected to perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties. The Office Coordinator is expected to answer phones, complete administrative duties (which may include assistance with accounts payable and accounts receivable) and support other staff members with clerical tasks in order to provide the highest quality service to clients.
• Reflect the core values of Home Instead Senior Care.
• Handle office responsibilities to allow a consistent full time networking effort, which is critical in building the business
• Greet and welcome each visitor in a friendly, warm and professional manner
• Answer each incoming call in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner and distribute incoming calls to the appropriate staff members
• Field new client inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner and schedule care consultations
• Assist with hiring process for new CAREGiversSM, duties may include fielding employment inquiries from prospective CAREGivers and moving applicants through the process.
• Assist with billing processing, including client invoices
• Communicate client and CAREGiver concerns or problems with owner or other staff members as appropriate
• Determine each visitor's purpose in a pleasant manner and promptly notify the appropriate staff member of their arrival
• Assist with stuffing and mailing client invoices and CAREGiver payroll
• Organize and distribute the daily mail according to prior instructions
• Ensure Home Instead Senior Care standards are met and upheld
• Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
• Demonstrate open and effective communication with owner, colleagues and CAREGivers
• High school graduation or the equivalent
• One year of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Previous caregiving experience a BIG plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
• Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
• Must have knowledge of the senior care industry and caregiving
• Must demonstrate effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgment and good decision-making skills
• Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
• Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly and yearly work
• Must be able to establish good working relationships with management, colleagues, franchise owners and their staff
• Must present a professional appearance and demeanor
• Must be able to operate office equipment
• Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
• Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
• Must be able to work evenings or weekends as required
• must be able to perform duties in a professional office setting
We offer competitive wages with benefits including, medical, dental, 401K and incentive bonuses.
Home Instead Senior Care is a multinational network of franchises specializing in non-medical in-home care for the elderly, in support of aging in place. Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, it is the largest senior care franchise in the world, with 1000+ independently owned and operated offices worldwide. In 2017, Forbes magazine ranked Home Instead Senior Care within the top 100 America's best large employers!
Home Instead offers free monthly newsletters with tips and advice for caregivers of elderly loved ones.
Each Home Instead Senior Care franchise is independently owned and operated.