Saving Grace and Dignity
Your grandmother is a great lady. She taught you table manners, made you wash behind your ears, and taught you to have compassion for others. She always baked your favorite cookies, listened raptly to your stories from school and gave you the best birthday presents. Since her stroke, she needs help with bathing and dressing, but she’s a very modest person and doesn’t want her family helping with these highly personal tasks.
The Utmost Respect
There’s no doubt it can be awkward when children and grandchildren suddenly become the caregivers and have to assist with personal tasks that can make everyone involved uncomfortable. Having someone outside the family to help with these duties allows the senior to maintain his or her sense of dignity, and to keep the details of health issues confidential while remaining sensitive to family relationships.
Seniors Personal Care Services
- Eating Assistance
- Cutting Food
- Partial or Full Assistance with Utensils
- Grooming Assistance
- Hair Care
- Skin Care
- Oral and Denture Care
- Dressing Assistance
- Underwear, Shirts, Blouses, Pants, Skirts, Socks, Shoes
- Help with Ted Hose and Prosthetic or Adaptive Devices
- Bathing Assistance
- Creating a Safe Bathing Environment
- Standby Assistance, Transferring In and Out
- Washing Assistance Including Sponge or Bed Bathing
- Incontinence Care
- Gentle Reminders for Bathroom Breaks
- Changing Briefs
- Perineal Cleaning
- Related Housekeeping and Laundry
- Cognitive Assistance
- Verbal Cueing
- Constant Attention
- Mobility Assistance
- Assistance in Moving (Transferring) from Chair, Bed, Wheelchair, Toilet, Automobile, Etc.
- Standby or Contact Guard Walking (Ambulation) Assistance. Help with Walkers and Wheelchairs.
- Fall Prevention
- Medication Reminders
- Keeping Clients on Schedule with Their Medications
*As a licensed in-home care agency in the state of Oregon, we are authorized to help seniors with the Personal Care tasks listed above. These are sometimes referred to as "Activities of Daily Living" or "ADLs."
Seniors Personal Services Hillsboro, OR - Washington County - Elderly Home Care Help
To learn more about our in-home senior care services, explore some of these other topics on our site: