As a CAREGiver, you provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes.
These services generally fall under three categories:
- Home Helper
- Personal Care
Companionship services are those that stimulate, encourage and assist an individual.
The primary responsibilities of Companionship services include the following:
- Providing companionship and conversation
- Providing stabilization and assistance with walking
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
Home Helper services generally involve light housekeeping, errands or incidental transportation.
The primary responsibilities of Home Helper services include the following:
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments
Personal Care services are personal in nature and often include assistance with activities of daily living.
The primary responsibilities of Personal Care services include the following:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with grooming
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
Secondary responsibilities include the following:
- Contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client's quality of life
- Performing other reasonable duties as assigned
- Reporting hours according to office policy
- Reporting any significant changes in a client's needs or living conditions
- Regularly communicating with supervisor and office staff
An individual must possess the minimum education, experience and skills to perform the primary and secondary responsibilities the job requires.
Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations
The CAREGiver position may require you to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle or a client's vehicle.
The CAREGiver position provides opportunities for a variety of shifts, including overnight.
This document describes the general nature and level of work for the position. It is not a comprehensive list of its responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts and conditions. Your employer reserves the right to modify the description in the future with or without notice. The responsibilities for this position are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Your employer is JMGM Enterprises LLC (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise). Your employer is not Home Instead Senior Care. This job description does not create an employment contract, nor imply it. Employment with your employer remains at will.