We’ll Be There When You Can’t Be
You call her every day … you shop for her … you take care of her repairs … you drive her to the doctor and help her with paperwork. You’d like to do more, but you’ve got your job and your own family to think about, too. And yet, you worry about your mom being home by herself so many days. And you’re not alone. Nearly one in every four Americans is caring for an older adult, and the stress can take its toll.
That's when Home Instead Senior Care of the Pittsburgh South Hills can come into the home and be the caregiver for you.
A Healthy Solution
Home Instead Senior Care’s® companionship services not only relieve stress and worry for family caregivers, but they also provide the healthy interaction and activity that are vital for seniors in retaining cognitive abilities and physical health. Our kind and thoughtful CAREGiversSM truly enjoy working with seniors. And we find that most seniors are much more likely to accomplish tasks and participate in favorite activities when they simply have a companion with whom to enjoy them.
All CAREGivers are thoroughly screened, extensively trained, supervised, insured and bonded, matched to your preferences, professional and reliable.
- Offer companionship and conversation
- Provide respite care
- Provide Alzheimer's care
- Provide medication reminders
- Assist with laundry and ironing
- Visit neighbors and friends
- Monitor diet and eating
- Prepare grocery lists
- Clip coupons for shopping
- Check food expirations
- Record and arrange recipes
- Assist with Personal Tasks
- Aid with morning and wake-up
- Help with clothing selection
- Assist with evening and tuck-in
- Escort or transportation to appointments
- Escort or transportation for shopping and errands
- Plan visits, outings and trips
- Assist with walking
- Supervise home maintenance
- Oversee home deliveries
- Answer the door
- Provide light housekeeping
- Care for houseplants
To learn more about our in-home services, explore some of these other topics on our site: